TOKY had a great night at the 15th Annual American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) Juried Design Show last night.
We took home Best of Show for the “Stranger Than Fiction” invitation we did for the St. Louis Public Library Foundation’s annual gala.
Each of the three judges also chose one personal favorite for a “Judge’s Choice” award; we took two out of the three awards given.
The view book we wrote and designed for John Burroughs School was honored by judge Petter Ringbom from New York City’s FLAT Studio, who wrote “The… catalog is an elegant and inviting piece that combines well-composed typography, beautiful photography and ample white space to great effect. The catalog strikes a nice balance between telling personal stories through imagery and more formal texts. My first comment when I saw the piece was ‘I wish I went to that high school’… job well done.”
The 2009 “icon” posters we did for Opera Theatre of Saint Louis were judge Frank Chimero’s choice. He wrote “There’s this thing in design we don’t talk about very often. It’s called idea envy… That’s how I felt when I saw these posters. To the winner go the spoils. Great ideas, great execution, great fit, great posters. Congratulations.”
We also took home 9 other awards:
- Metro | “I’m On Board With Metro” web site
- Opera Theatre of Saint Louis | 2008 “The Ghosts of Versailles” subscriber poster
- Opera Theatre of Saint Louis | Spring Gala “Feather” invitation
- The Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts | “Old Masters: Prisoners at the Pulitzer”
- The Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts | “Urban Alchemy” web site
- The Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts | “Urban Alchemy” guerilla promotion
- The Chase Park Plaza | Business Papers Suite
- Thinking Cap | Business Papers Suite
- St. Louis Public Library Foundation | Capital Campaign Collateral
Last but not least, our own Katy Fischer won the “More With Less” award for her wedding invitation, putting TOKY’s team four-outta-five for the top awards.
Congratulations to all of the TOKY team, our awesome clients and vendors!