TOKY is a full-service branding and marketing firm that specializes in branding, design and content for Arts and Cultural Organizations, High-End Travel Destinations, Architecture and Building Companies, Private Schools and Universities, and Professional Services.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate Web Developer to join our growing team. Our headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri is home to over 25 designers, developers, strategists and account managers. We have office presence in Chicago as well as key people in Boston. While candidates would not be expected to relocate to the St. Louis area, occasional trips are expected.
Working at TOKY means you will not be pigeonholed into whatever gigantic client demands tedious development work. You will be directly involved in the concept and execution of beautiful, engaging, and award-winning experiences for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Web Developers at TOKY are involved in a variety of projects including developing and working with open-source web applications, front-end website development, and back-end CMS integration.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Capable of taking responsive designs from Photoshop and implementing across browsers (even some older ones), devices and resolutions (desktop, tablet, and mobile)
- Capable of developing web applications in PHP under a LAMP environment — we do not develop Microsoft ASP/.NET/ColdFusion in-house
- Experienced with version control: Git and SVN
- Experience with CSS preprocessors: SASS and Compass
- Experience with command-line tools, like Grunt, npm, etc.
- Understanding of common third-party APIs such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Analytics, etc. and their different formats: XML and JSON
- Knowledge of current standards, SEO optimizations, HTML semantics, and common UX best practices
- Comfortable modifying a Linux server: SSH, Apache configuration, PHP settings, MySQL command-line tool, etc.
- Excellent debugging skills in both front- and back-end aspects of a website
- Ability to approach technical challenges with an open mind and desire to innovate
- Appreciation of great design and thrive in a creative environment
- Capable of building custom database solutions with the ability to optimize MySQL
- Familiar with CMS solutions such as Drupal and WordPress
- Mobile app experience is a plus, but not a requirement for this position
- Competitive salary, with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, and 401k matching
- A collaborative team environment with award-winning designers and developers committed to producing quality work for great clients across the country
- Paid holidays, solid vacation/personal time and above average industry benefits
How to Apply:
Please provide links to at least three websites you developed, or a link to your personal portfolio site or Github profile. Please include descriptions of your role in the project and any helpful insight. Applicants must also submit a resume with professional experience.
All information should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Thanks, and good luck!