Eight months of collaboration with one of the world’s leading architecture firms yields a brand new HOK.com — big beautiful images, clear thought leadership, and an adaptive design that makes the site ready for any screen. Traffic on the site has increased by 40-50%.
TOKY designed and built a site that was easier for users to navigate — finding the exact right people or projects — and easier for HOK staff to update, from office to office around the world.
Internationally prominent architecture firm HOK has been one of TOKY’s longest-running clients. We have partnered on everything from integrating a new global brand (identity, brand standards, messaging) to developing leading-edge websites and a nationally lauded corporate blog.
In June 2012, TOKY and HOK took another significant step together, launching a completely new HOK.com, developed over eight months of close collaboration. The new HOK.com reinforced the firm’s status as the digital leader among its peers. Key highlights:
- 100% adaptive — The site’s been designed and built to work beautifully on tablet, desktop, and mobile platforms, all from one content management system.
- Big, beautiful images — The home page allows for strikingly large photographs, enabling users to discover the thinking behind each project by rolling over the middle image.
- Thought Leadership up front — This special home page content enables HOK to more compellingly — and frequently — tell its stories of innovation. Users can sort topics by Design, Research, Workplace, Sustainability, and Innovation.
- Custom audio solution — TOKY developed a custom solution that allows HOK staff to create audio-narrated slide presentations with ease using the content management system they already know.
- Better local control — Local HOK offices now have the ability to better manage their specific project stories, with their own images, content, and projects throughout the site.
- Closer to the team — The true talent of HOK is its people, so the new site implements better photography and more interesting staff stories. Visitors can quickly sort through categories such as Design Leaders, Experts, and Regional Leaders to learn about the HOK team.
- Bolder project pages — These now feature larger images, sharable content (via key social channels), statistics, videos, and other ways to dive more deeply into the process of the build, and the people involved.
- No sweat — While still a vast digital property, the new HOK.com is easier to manage, with much of the content entered in one place, then pushed through to the site locations where it matters most.
“We wanted the new HOK.com to provide a portal into HOK to showcase our global work for potential clients and recruits. TOKY’s team delivered a design solution integrating our firm’s brand messaging. The site has received unanimous praise from the firm’s design directors, who put a high premium on design excellence.”
Beth Bernitt, HOK Chief Marketing Officer